Imported files

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

lgol27
    Participant

I have put a File field in the form. I have imported a file from another app. I want to open the file in the original app, but it is possible only when the file is open for viewing. The problem is that the file has extension “.note” and the viewer cannot open it. Thus the file cannot be open in the external app. What do you think?

December 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM #4953

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… If the file is to be opened with another app, couldn’t you just use that app to open it in the first place?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 5, 2011 at 4:44 PM #4955

lgol27
    Participant

Yes and no. I have a form, where I store info about business meetings. My first version had a lot of sub-forms to keep everything I thought I would need: image, picture, note, etc. Then I thought that it’s not the way. I have found an application, where you can create a “note” where you can combine all of those. And PDFs. And handwriting. So I was thinking I would keep all the relevant info in the “note” file and the meta info in the form. Then I realized that I can import the “note” file into Tap Forms and have it all!

Conclusion: I would like to use Tap Forms as a smart file system.

December 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM #5005

lgol27
    Participant

Another example : I wanted to save web pages – recipes. But the default viewer can’t handle web archives.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.