Import rom iPhone to iPad crashes

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

sndtech
    Participant

Hi

I have done this in the past successfully. I am trying to import a backup from my tapforms on my iPhone (4) into my iPad (first gen) and it crashes consistently. I have uninstalled 6 gb of programs and freed up much resident memory on the iPad but still crashes. Tried another export file also from the iPhone and still the same. Ay ideas or is the iPad first Gen just not powerful enough to handle import. Import is 93megs.

Thanks

May 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM #6233

Brendan
    Keymaster

Are you using the latest version of Tap Forms?

It’s possible your iPad 1 is running out of memory while processing the backup file. The iPad 1 had very little internal memory to work with. Do you have another device you can try restoring the same backup file to? Or if you send it to me, I can try it out on one of my devices. At least it would let you know if there was a problem with the backup file or with the device or operating system version. Although I no longer have an iPad 1 to test on.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM #6235

sndtech
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

So here is the latest. I switched to anew iPad 4 with 128gb . I ran all database maintenance on my iPhone before I re exported the file. Them I uploaded the iPhone tapforms backup to Dropbox, downloaded to my new iPad and then tried to restore the backup.

Same thing happened !! It just kicked me out of the app before the restore completed.

File size is 93.5 Meg’s and DB size is 5.3megs.

HELP !!

June 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM #6237

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s not that big of a database file. Have you tried using iCloud to sync the data?

If you could upload your zip file to Dropbox and send me the link to download it, I can investigate to try and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.