Import form conflict

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

gzamba
    Participant

I have built a patient database for my patients, and I sent a copy of the form to a friend to build upon and create his own database.
    My friend has done an excellent job and sent me his version back to evaluate and possibly use some of his ideas…
    So far so good.
    I imported the form into the mac version of tap forms, only to find out with horror that my friend’s form replaced mine!!!! (they happened to have the same name – makes sense since he used mine to make his…)
    I managed to do a restore from an earlier version of the my database loosing some 15 records, which disabled icould sync (thank God for that!)
    I then initiated a manual sync from my ipad, which still had all the missing records, and my own form, and then re-enabled icould sync, and in few minutes my missing records re-appeared on the mac as well.
    So, disaster was avoided, but the question still remains…
    How can I evaluate my friend’s form without messing up my database?
    Is it possible to import the form with a different name? Is there some other workaround?

December 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM #5787

gzamba
    Participant

I just realized that there was another problem created by the import conflict…
    My main form had 4 associated forms, with a one to many relationship…
    one of these forms consisted of 2 photo fields only, with pictures/scans of my hand written history forms that I have been keeping for my patients for years.
    Somehow this association was broken, and the main form was linked to another form (that my friend had created).
    I am now faced with two problems.
    1. I change the link to my previous form, and when I go back to the field properties for this link it has changed back to the wrong form…
    2. I now have a form (my linked form – that-I-cannot-link-again-form) that contains 25 “orphan” records.
    How can I associate these records to the “mother” records again? Or can’t I?

December 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM #5792

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Hmm… this is a good question. I would say if you send me the TapForms_db.sqlite file then I can take a look at it and see if I can hook it up again for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.