Import CSV and Create/Modify dates

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to import a simple database from Bento using CSV as an intermediate format. Everything goes well except for the “Create Date” and “Modified Date” fields. I select the proper options and formats in the “Import Records” dialog but once the database is imported into Tap Forms, the Create and Modify Dates of all my records are set to the date (and time) at which I performed the import, and not the ones exported by Bento and that I can clearly see by editing the .csv file with a text editor.

Here’s the first 2 lines of my CSV file:

“Date Created”;”Date Modified”;palabra;definición
    2011-05-19T00:29:16;2011-05-19T00:29:16;exiguo;”insuficiente, escaso”

And attached you can see a screenshot of both the import dialog options and the result of importing for the particular line of the CSV shown above.

Thanks in advance!

czuch

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 30, 2014 at 1:58 PM #8910

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just fixed this bug yesterday. It will be in the next update.

However, you’d have much better success importing the Bento template directly rather than using CSV as the intermediary format.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM #8914

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I have indeed now used the Bento Template Importer option as described and it worked without a hitch.

So thanks for the tip and for acknowledging the issue. Perhaps you should consider naming the feature “Bento Template and record importer” since I overlooked the fact that it could import actual databases/records and not only templatess. Since my template was trivial to create on Tap Forms, I thought I didn’t need to transfer it from Bento and went on to the CSV option to transfer the records themselves.

Unrelated to that (let me know if you want me to create a new topic for this) I have a few comments after importing my database:

1) On multi-column view, the “Date Created” and “Date Modified” columns do not display the date at all (except the first few ones) although the records themselves do now contain the correct dates (verified in single column view). Instead, they are simply blank.
    edit: I just found out that the records that *do* show the dates on multi-column views are the ones that have been at least *viewed* once on single-column view. Could this be a bug?

2) On multi-column view, is there a way to hide the “<Month> <Year>” separators that appear in between records when the month changes?

Thanks in advance!

czuch

January 31, 2014 at 5:28 PM #8920

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Czuch,

1. Yes, this is a bug which I’ve fixed for version 2.0.2.

2. Not at the moment, but I’ll take that as a feature request for that.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 1, 2014 at 7:25 AM #8922

czuch
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

1. Yes, this is a bug which I’ve fixed for version 2.0.2.

Thanks!

2. Not at the moment, but I’ll take that as a feature request for that.

Brilliant! Not critical, but would be really nice to have.

czuch

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.