iCloud sync: Font change after simple text edit

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms iCloud sync: Font change after simple text edit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Brendan,

Continuing my checkout of iCloud sync, I made a simple text edit in a Notes field on my iPhone. I just brought up the field, clicked Edit, and typed “xyz” at the end of the existing text, which is where the insertion point appeared by default. I then clicked Save.

The update synchronized through to my laptop, but in addition to appending the “xyz” to my text in the laptop, the font for the entire field changed from Calibri 16-point to .AppleSystemUIFont 21-point (that’ a period as the first character of the font name).

I tried this a few times and the behavior is repeatable. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
    Mike

May 6, 2017 at 3:59 PM #22966

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well the font information is embedded within the note field and the font’s aren’t always the same or available on each platform. So that’s a tricky one.

You can tell Tap Forms on iOS what default font to use for Note fields by going to the Tools screen, then tapping on Font Settings, then choose a font, style, and size.

Then when you create a new record and edit a Note field, the font will be whatever you selected it to be.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.