iCloud Drive

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Johanna Fält
    Participant

2 weeks ago or so, I got my OS X Yosemite Beta tester key. Thrilled I downloaded and installed the OS.
    Without thinking I upgraded my iCloud to iCloud Drive, and now the sync don’t work… At all! The TapForms software works lite a charm, but not the sync.
    I need it so sync between my 3 Macs, my iPhone and my iPad since I use it in my business. I have not got the export and upload to Dropbox to work (I use imports of contacts in forms and linked forms, they don’t follow the export).

I can just use one Mac up to October (when the OS is set for release), but I meet customers off site sometimes and have found is useful to have it in my phone and Ipad to.
    At the same time I want to warn other users to do this mistake.

August 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM #10617

bvision
    Participant

I seem to be having the same problem.

August 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM #10619

Brendan
    Keymaster

There was a warning when you upgraded to iCloud Drive that your documents would no longer sync if you weren’t also using iOS 8. That’s the problem. It’s out of my control and doesn’t just affect Tap Forms. You’ll notice that no apps that use Documents & Data (e.g. all the iWork apps) will sync now that you’ve upgraded one device.

Also, in the OS X 10.10 release notes, Apple says:

• iCloud Documents & Data created with OS X Yosemite Developer Preview will be deleted from the servers during this beta period. Information downloaded and not deleted from your Mac will remain on your Mac and will re-sync after the data wipe occurs.
    • Migrating to iCloud Drive will disable Documents & Data syncing for your iCloud account on OS X Mavericks and earlier Macs, as well as iOS 7 and earlier devices.

So if you use Beta software, you’re liable to encounter these kinds of issues that you should be aware of before you trust your important data to them.

So make sure you’ve got a backup of all your data stored in iCloud because Apple will be deleting it.

That being said, I’m using Yosemite and iOS 8 and iCloud sync works great. But sync will not work between Yosemite and iOS 7, nor Mavericks.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.