I think the answer's 'N)!'?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I have a form using a checkbox list of over 2000 records. It is now time to update it. The default is No. They are all set to Yes/ticked as they are completed for this period. Is there a way I can reset all the checkboxes to empty, or do I have to go through each one separately? Separately is my guess but WOT A CHORE!
    Cheers
    tony

September 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM #10784

tonyt
    Participant

Should be ‘NO!’

September 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM #10791

Jim Burgess
    Participant

I have not tried this, it may not work, and it might screw up your data. So if you do try it make sure you have a backup, a backup of the backup, etc. You should also consider trying it on a duplicate test form, not the real one.

Try deleting the checkbox field in the form, then adding a new checkbox field to the form.

September 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM #10793

Brendan
    Keymaster

Alternatively you could export your records by only having the checkmark field enabled for export. Make sure Export Record IDs is turned on and Field Type Tags (although not completely necessary). Then export your form as a CSV file, make batch changes in Excel or Numbers, then re-import and select the same form you exported from. The values should be updated. If you change the values all to 0 then they will be turned off after the import.

September 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM #10796

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks both

Inelegant and time consuming – but it works!

+100 for batch edits!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.