How to set tab order?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Is there a way to set the tab order when creating a data entry form or do I just have to layout the fields in the order I want to access them?

November 17, 2014 at 2:05 AM #11786

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

The OS will set the tab order based on a flow going from top-left to bottom-right. I have tried to build a way to allow the user to be able to specify the tab order, but every time I tried, everything just got all messed up and tabbing just never worked. So I left it to the OS to determine the tab order. But it’s definitely something I would like to do at some point if I can ever figure out how :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

November 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM #11789

Colleen Easley
    Participant

OK, thanks. My biggest problem was a big notes field I had put on the right of my form. I don’t enter stuff there every time, but tabbing between fields put me into it every time, so I just dropped that to the bottom and all is well. It just doesn’t look as nice.

November 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM #11796

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can also create different layouts containing different sets of fields from the same form, so you could have the Note field on a different layout and just go there from time to time when you want to enter data into it. Just an option.

December 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM #12341

Nick D
    Participant

Tabbing always skips my checkboxes in all layouts – is there a way around this?

December 18, 2014 at 2:18 AM #12380

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can enable tabbing to all controls in the System Settings application.

1. Go to the Keyboard preferences
    2. Click on Shortcuts
    3. Click on “All controls”

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.