how to cost a product, adding values of fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms how to cost a product, adding values of fields

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Ellis Hahn
    Participant

I’m sorry for asking what seems like a silly question. I am trying to set up a form to cost out different variables on a custom product. Each field represents a variable and a cost.
    I’ve already tried creating a field and asking it to “total, as well as tried to make a formula for that field which adds all the fields related to total cost.
    What is the best way to set up a “total” cost field? I know it probably has something to do with the way that I am setting up my other fields and the data entered there but I’ve tried many different ways and still coming up with zero.

Thanks for your help!

April 22, 2019 at 12:17 AM #34516

Brendan
    Keymaster

hi Ellis,

Make sure you set the Field Type property for all your numeric fields to be Number.

Now create a new field and select the Calculation field type.

Enter in a formula that looks like this:

Number 1 Field + Number 2 Field + Number 3 Field

and so on, for every Number type field you want to participate in the formula.

Set the Result Type of the formula to be Number also.

Now whenever you put a value in every field that’s referenced in the formula, Tap Forms will display the total of adding up all of the values in those Number # fields.

Hope that makes sense.

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.