help, simple formula

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

floorboy
    Participant

Hi All, sorry to be a pain I know this will be baby stuff to some of you but I’m 52 and self taught so far. I just want todo a simple calculation. I have a “cost price” field and I want to double it, then add VAT at 20%. do I have to create fields for every step of the calcuation, then possibly hide the various steps, or can it be done in one formula. I’m not sure how many brackets and how to arrange them.

February 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM #5081

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

You should be able to do this with one calculation field.

Create your calculation field and then use the following formula: [Cost Price] * 2 * 1.2

That will double your cost, then multiply it by 1.2 to give you what you need.

For example, if my cost price was $20, doubling it will be $40, then multiplying by 1.2 will give me $48.

No need for brackets as it’s all just multiplying.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Brendan

February 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM #5082

Brendan
    Keymaster

And if you wanted to show what the VAT was as a separate calculation field then you would just use the formula [Cost Price] * 2 * 0.2. That will show you a result of 20% of the doubled cost.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM #5086

floorboy
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, I know your time is precious, I love the app, and looking forward to the next deploy with who knows what goodies !

February 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM #5087

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

I submitted 2.1.12 to Apple last night for review.

Here’s what’s new:

★ Added edit/no-edit button to record edit screen

★ Can now disable exporting of field type tags for the header row in CSV file exports.

★ Date & Time field type can now toggle between the date wheel spinners and the calendar view just like the Date field.

★ Emailing a record will now include the first 3 columns from any linked records in the email.

★ Fixed rating field bug that caused the rating field selections to be messed up if you had many ratings fields in a form.

★ Fixed sorting issue with date fields and time fields.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.