Grouping by check mark field not working.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Grouping by check mark field not working.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

orourkejim
    Participant

I have a DB with a check mark field called complete so I can group the form by this field. I have it show the incomplete items first. It works fine but when I add a new record and save it the new record is not in a group. If I go back to the record and select complete check and then immediately de-select it and save the record it goes to the unchecked group as it should. Am I doing something wrong?

December 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM #4280

orourkejim
    Participant

I am not sure why you have not responded to this, but I would like to know if you have found this to be true. At this time if you group by the check mark field as you might do for a to-do type list you get three groupings. one with nothing, one with no check and one with a check. This is if you have maybe unchecked a record to use it as a to-do again. check it out. also it would be nice if we could have an option to use a complete field for a flag number, you know that red circle with a corresponding number.

December 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM #4281

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

I’m sorry I didn’t respond to this posting. I must have missed it.

I’ll look into it again, but I remember working on this part of the code a while back to make sure that a null value gets treated as No so the check box would not be on and would be part of the two groups. Right now there are 3 groups. Yes, No, and null (never been set).

Thanks,

Brendan

December 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM #4283

orourkejim
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.