Full keyboard control in iOS version

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

SSteve
    Participant

I just read about the Things for iOS update that introduces full keyboard control and was very jealous ?. I’d love to see full keyboard control in the iOS version of Tap Forms. Maybe it would even warrant a write-up on MacStories. I’d be really happy to see Tap Forms become the database darling of the iOS blogging world.

May 29, 2018 at 10:55 AM #28818

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

A while back I added command key control over some things in Tap Forms 5 for iPad such as creating new records, searching, etc. When you have a form selected, press and hold the command key to see the overlay of the possible commands. I haven’t seen the latest version of Things yet, but I’m sure they’ve done a fantastic job of adding command keys for everything.

If there’s additional commands you think would be useful, please let me know and I can add them.

May 29, 2018 at 11:18 AM #28819

SSteve
    Participant

Hi, Brendan. One thing that comes immediately to mind would be the ability to enter all the fields of a form without leaving the keyboard. Specifically, a form that contains date fields and pick lists.

Right now, the tab key skips over date fields. When the cursor enters a pick list, it treats it like a regular text field. It would be better if it brought up the pick list and allowed navigation through the list with arrow up/down, Page up/down (for keyboards that have those), and typing the initial characters of the list items.

Implementing those two things would make it a lot faster for me when I’m entering a number of new records. If you read through the review I linked to I’m sure you could come away with some other good ideas. My suggestion would be for you to try using Tap Forms exclusively from a keyboard for a while and see where you find pain points.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the good work!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.