Forms behaving oddly since patch

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

kzorith
    Participant

Greetings,

I have noticed something odd with all my databases since I updated to the newest version a few days ago. (And I do mean all my databases, this is happening in every one of them.)

Rather than each record on the screen taking up two or three lines, each record takes up the full length of my screen (or close to it) with two lines of text and a whole lot of white space.

Is there something I need to have set in order for it to go back to the two lines with out the large amounts of white space between the records?

Thanks,

Kzorith

October 17, 2011 at 4:40 AM #4896

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kzorith,

I’m very sorry for this problem. It turns out it’s a bug in Apple’s compiler optimizations for devices which use the armv6 processor. It’s odd, but it affected the calculation of sizes of elements on the screen. It affected Tap Forms display of rows on the list view of records and the detail views because I use the selected font sizes to determine the height of the rows. On armv6 processors, the optimization caused these calculations to fail. I didn’t notice the problem because I use iPads and iPhone 4’s for testing and debugging. Both those have armv7 processors.

Nevertheless, I have found a workaround for the problem and I am preparing an update for Apple to approve. I have now tested it on an older iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 on it and the problem is now gone.

Sorry for the trouble.

Brendan

October 17, 2011 at 5:01 AM #4897

kzorith
    Participant

Greetings,

It’s no problem at all. I’m glad to hear it wasn’t something to serious or a corruption of my data. Looking forward to the update and the rows going back down to their normal size on the list view.

I’ll be likely getting an iPad shortly, so I might end up not noticing these little things unless I’m using my iPod for portable lists.

Thanks,

Kzorith

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.