Forced pick list

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

LeoC2
    Participant

Some of my fat fingered users (me included) are having a problem with smaller screens such as iPods. When entering data into a field and taping on the LIST button the field many times opens with an entry box instead of the list.

Is there a way to FORCE a field to use a pick list no matter where the user clicks on the field?

If not then this would be a very good option.

Leo

July 14, 2015 at 2:12 AM #14218

Brendan
    Keymaster

There isn’t a way to force the Pick List to display when you tap the row. Perhaps in a future update.

July 14, 2015 at 7:11 AM #14226

LeoC2
    Participant

This would be a very practical update Brendan. Being able to “lock” certain fields to only use the pick list would help a lot on fields that require very specific info and would not tolerate errors such as typos.

July 28, 2015 at 8:39 AM #14331

LeoC2
    Participant

I’m really running into problems here with my users. They tap a field and the pick list does not always come up so they enter data manually which is almost never to the standard.

Forcing pick lists to come up at all times is VERY important to me and I’m sure many other users. It’s almost as important as making fields required so a warning is displayed on empty fields that MUST be filled in.

Leo

August 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM #14456

Mathieu Masseboeuf
    Participant

I second that option, being able to lock items available in pick lists would avoid a lot of error solving.
    There is an issue though, you would have to check consistency when enabling that option (maybe a warning telling non-matching items will be set to blank ? or a search list result allowing one to review non-matching items ?)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.