Filtering and Totals

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

larry02035
    Participant

Hi, this may be a stupid question but I have not been able to figure out how to filter data and get totals. For example, let’s say I’m doing a expense tracker and I want to get a total of one of the expenses listed assuming it shows up multiple times in the table. Can it be done? Are there any other reporting tools that can be used with Tap Forms?

February 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM #5120

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Larry,

Do you already have a total displayed at the bottom of the list view of records for your form? If not, you can set one up by customizing your form. Then, if you use the search field on the record list view, Tap Forms will recalculate the total based upon the records that match the search term.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM #5121

larry02035
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes I do have a total displayed at the bottom. It seems like there is only one total allowed is that true? Since I’m doing expense tracking I have 2 fields one for cost and one for budget. I’d like to total 2 columns.

The search function I see seems to search the whole table, I can’t seem to located the function that searches a specific field.

Thanks for a great app.

Larry

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.