filter

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

BK
    Participant

Hi all

Does anyone know if its possible to hide a record from a linked form based on a database field value for e.g. a checkbox for completed would hide the completed record ?

Brendan I think you’ve done an amazing job with this piece of software , it literally saved me hours of development and bar a few functions that i think will probably be included in later releases does everything its meant to do perfectly, a very elegant solution indeed (-;

June 16, 2014 at 2:34 AM #10395

BK
    Participant

Apologies forgot about this … is there a way to get an existing table value into a pick list ?

June 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM #10397

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glenn,

There’s no record hiding functionality other than by using a Saved Search to filter your records.

You would need to just copy and paste the value from your table into your Pick List. When you add values to a Pick List you can add more than one value at a time. If you have your values in a list, say something you can copy to the clipboard, you can paste them into the Add Values view. On the Mac version it’s a popover view. On the iOS version it’s accessible from the Add Values view entry in the values list.

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad that you’re enjoying using Tap Forms.

Brendan

June 16, 2014 at 12:08 PM #10398

BK
    Participant

Ok thanks for the reply , also if i were to have a linked form to an existing form for e.g. a parent form of “company” linked form of “Tasks” and each customer had a list of tasks, how would i get a report of all tasks with a specific subject ? the print report seems to only like the current form that has focus as does the saved search functionality.

June 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM #10399

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glenn,

You would have to go to the Tasks form and search for tasks with the specified subject. You wouldn’t be able to do it from the Company form.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM #10400

BK
    Participant

Ok cool , i think ill make a “reports” form then, and add some Website fields to it , add the links to some html pages on localhost and get the reports straight out the database into HTML , that’ll do the trick , we need a tips and tricks section on the forum (-;

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.