filter for records of “last x days”

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Giovanni Vittoria
    Participant

On TF for iOS (V5.3.33), is there a way to filter records of “the last x days”? I only found options for e.g “today”, “last week” or “this week” (which unfortunately always starts on Monday).
    I’d like to see records of e.g. the last 7 days, e.g last Thursday to Thursday (today).
    If this ain’t possible so far, is there an option to implement it for future versions?

Thanks (for considering this feature AND for this fantastic piece of software in general!)

cheers, Giovanni

February 15, 2024 at 12:58 AM #50490

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for your feature request. I would like to add that as a comparison operator to the Saved Search field in a future version.

But for now, you could simulate it using a Calculation field which returns the number of days since today using a formula like this:

DAYS([Birth Date]; TODAY())

So this would return the number of days from the Birth Date until the current date. Now you can create a Saved Search that filters your records for the calculation field results.

However, because of the TODAY() function, you’d have to refresh the records list before you wanted to get an accurate list of results. There’s a Refresh Records List function under the View menu to do this.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 15, 2024 at 3:12 AM #50491

Giovanni Vittoria
    Participant

Dear Brendan,

thank you very much for your quick reply and that you will consider this feature for a future version!

Thanks also for pointing out the workaround. I implemented it and it works like a charm!

Really  appreciating your support!

Thanks 😘

cheers, Giovanni

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.