Field Title Column too short

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

angiesdogs
    Participant

I am using TapForms to create checklists I can use in the field. I am putting my checklist item in the field name and using text as my field type. The problem is that my checklist items are sentences not a couple words and show up cut off in the form because the column for field titles is short. It there any way to change the size of the column. I tried using my checklist item as a section header so the entire checklist item can be read but I dont like how it looks, you cant customize the section header beyond the text type and I assume when I go to export into excel I am going to have issues when I try to trend the answers. Any ideas?

Thanks!

March 19, 2012 at 2:53 AM #5145

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Angie,

There’s no ability at the moment to be able to resize the title column. But that’s something I’ll think about adding to a future update. The section headers will get exported into the CSV file. The data rows in the CSV file will be blank for those columns though as there’s no value associated with a section header.

You could use the section headers for the longer questions and then use something like a numbered or lettered title for the check mark fields.

Like this:

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African? [X]

European? [O]

So the first row is a section header, the 2nd and 3rd rows are the titles of the checkmark fields.

It will be exported like this:

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?<section>,African?<check_mark>,European?<check_mark>

,Y,N

Note, the value of the section header in every row is empty, hence the first entry on the 2nd row is a comma in the CSV file.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.