Field Erasing Content

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

HappyTapper
    Participant

Hi Brendan, when a field is set to Numeric, it still allows the entry of text but when the record is saved, all the data in the field is erased without warning. There shouldn’t be a need to set a mask when the field type is numeric and it should generate a warning when the user tries to enter text. Thanks!

This is on the iPad running the latest version of iOS and TapForms.

January 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM #20877

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… That’s odd. Which version of Tap Forms are you using?

Because when I tap on a Number field, Tap Forms displays the numeric keyboard which doesn’t have any text characters on it.

January 27, 2017 at 11:24 AM #20909

HappyTapper
    Participant

I have the latest version. I’ll try to document the steps. Stand by.

January 27, 2017 at 11:31 AM #20910

HappyTapper
    Participant

1) Make a field type = Numeric
    2) Open a Record, input say “January 2000” using a BlueTooth keyboard
    3) Tab or click to another field, the data you manually typed in will stay as you typed it
    4) Leave the form and come back in
    5) All data in the field will have disappeared

January 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM #20915

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah, well that makes sense. Because you’re using a BlueTooth keyboard, you’re bypassing the number keypad that displays and so you can type anything you want. But Tap Forms attempts to convert what you typed into a Number value and since you have Text in the field, it doesn’t save it.

Does it save if you just type numbers only into your Number field? It should.

January 28, 2017 at 1:21 PM #20922

HappyTapper
    Participant

Yes, but I can’t control what input method users will use. It should at least pop up a warning advising them their data is invalid. Thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.