feature suggestion: script command for a modal/popover

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk feature suggestion: script command for a modal/popover

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Paul Wirth
    Participant

I have a script that concatenates a bunch of linked records as text and inserts the concatenated text into a field, so that I can easily scroll through a bunch of entries at once.

Currently, the script runs any time a linked field is updated, so every record has concatenated text stored in its designated field. But I don’t really need that text stored, since it’s redundant. It’s just useful to browse through the text when needed.

What would work nicely is if there was a script command to produce a modal or popover for viewing scrollable text that can be dismissed. The idea is that this would be ephemeral. Click a button to run the script, which concatenates the field and displays the full text for viewing, but doesn’t store it to the file.

The Prompter() class would work, except any text beyond a few lines is cut off and not scrollable.

Maybe this is such a unique request that it isn’t worth developing, but I thought I’d ask!

March 6, 2024 at 1:52 AM #50597

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

One option would be to use a Form script instead and then click the button to run the script or setup a shortcut to run the script and have the Console window open where you can dump the content to.

March 6, 2024 at 10:34 AM #50600

Paul Wirth
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. I understand how to set up a button, but not how to automatically have the console window open. Can you explain how to do that?

March 7, 2024 at 12:45 AM #50604

Brendan
    Keymaster

It won’t automatically open. You can just have it opened. Then whenever you call console.log("some data"); it will display the contents. So when you view a record, then you can just run the script and it’ll dump out the contents into the console window.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.