Feature Request Views/Filters

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi,

I would love to see a kind of Views or Filters…

I plan to create a expense form when on the road.

I will have a day to day form where I store the dates on my travel. Each day is associated to many expenses I make on that day. Each expense is related to the type of payment like cash, credit card, bank card etc.

Now I will have an overview to see what I have spend each day in total but also a kind of view to see what I have spend by my Amex or Visa etc.

So I thought I build forms for each purpose.

I do have a simple form that just contains the date itself and a link to an “sub form” expenses. The expenses form hold the item, amount, payment type, a category and notes for each record (expense). The expenses form is set to calculate the sum.

So far so good now I have a form where I can tap each day of my travel and I see how many expenses I have made and the total sum of expenses that day.

Now I thought I build a form that would contain all types of payment, like cash, Amex, Visa, EC etc. that would link into the expenses to collect all expenses made by their payment type, so I here I would need to have a kind of filter as I don’t wont to associate all records that were payed by cash for example.

Ok maybe I just do it wrong or don’t know how to do it better? But currently I think I’m missing any kind of views, filters or a kind of a report function?

What do you think?

Cheers
    Yogie

August 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM #6357

Allan
    Participant

I am looking at Tab Forms since Bento is going away. Is there any plan for a List view on the iPad version?

August 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM #6358

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Yogie,

You can filter records and create saved searches which you can call up quickly. Tap on the search magnifying glass beside the search bar in the iOS version to call up the saved search feature. With that you can also filter on specific fields too.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM #6360

Yogie
    Participant

Hello Brendan,

cool, exactly what I was looking for. And gorgeous that I can store my searches. This gives me the view/filter option! Are the searches also synched to any other platform like from iPhone to iPad or Mac desktop?

I’m sorry to have questioned it, but as I did where could I have read this before asking?

Many thanks!

Cheers
    Yogie

August 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM #6362

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Allan,

I have no immediate plans for a multi-column list view on the iPad, but it’s something I’d like to add long-term. It makes sense to have one.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.