Feature Request: Elapsed Time Type Field

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

kevin
    Participant

I have a fitness log in Tap Forms and have been getting by with the Time type field for entering the amount of minutes spent on a particular activity. It would be handier though to have an elapsed time field (where I don’t always have to set the hour back to zero). Perhaps even with a time unit (s, m, h) selector, but that may not necessary.

October 7, 2009 at 2:12 AM #3791

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin,

I had originally planned on adding a timer like field to Tap Forms. But I never got around to it. Perhaps just the ability to manually set your own duration would work well.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 15, 2015 at 2:58 PM #13718

Ken Beck
    Participant

Hello, Brendan.

Just found this in a forum search.
    I am building a Project form which will provide data for an Invoice, and I am interested in tracking elapsed time spent on a project, with ability to start and stop timer by clicking, then applying time spent to an hourly rate — also configurable for minimum time increments (such as 1/4 hour).

Ken

May 15, 2015 at 9:09 PM #13724

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Well you can have a Start Time field and an End Time field and a Calculation field which computes the duration from the start to the end. You can have the duration displayed in a variety of formats. E.g. HH:MM, HH:MM:SS, hrs, mins, etc.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 16, 2015 at 5:18 AM #13727

Ken Beck
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

Certainly that would work, manually entering start and stop time and computing the difference. However an activity usually requires more than one block of time. What I really need is a total elapsed time field with a timer attached (and a start/stop button).

I know it can be done, but I do not know how to do it.

Ken

May 16, 2015 at 4:10 PM #13730

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m sorry but I don’t have a timer field in Tap Forms. There is a number field where you can input a duration value though, but it won’t time for you.

May 17, 2015 at 5:15 AM #13738

Ken Beck
    Participant

Thanks anyway. It was worth asking. As a workaround, I could get a separate time tracker app and use that.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.