feature request: calculated field for form record filtering

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms feature request: calculated field for form record filtering

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

please help to implement form record filtering feature like “calculated filed” used in HANDbase.

use this feature for filtering form to generate a new form or change display list of a form.

reference of HANDbase “calculated filed” description

Calculated Fields – Lets you perform operations on other fields or constant numbers. The operation is as follows: [Value1] [Operation] [Value2] = Field in [Result Format] When selected, the following options appear:

Visible: Check if you want this field to be visible on the Edit Record Screen. Uncheck if you wish to hide it on the Edit Record Screen.

Export/Print: Check if you want this field to be exported to the memo pad or printed when any of these options are selected: Export Record or Records, Print Record or Records, from the Edit Record or the Main screen., respectively. Uncheck if you don’t wish to export or print this field.

Pixels Shown: Choose the number of pixels in width that will be shown on the Main Screen. There are a maximum of 160 pixels in width on the screen, so this is the maximum value this can be. Setting to 0 will hide this field on the Main screen.

Value 1: Choose the field to use as the first operand. If No field is selected, the constant value written to the right of the words No field is used as the operand. This constant must be either an Integer or Floating point value, although if a field is selected, nearly any field type can be used.

Prev Rec: Check if you want the value for this operand to be taken from the record previous to this record in the sorted order. This is useful for creating running totals, balances, etc. Keep this box unchecked if you wish to take the value from this very record. This option will only display if you have a field selected to the left (ie, the No field option does not apply) NOTE: New records are added to the end until they are saved.

Operation: Choose the operation you wish to perform on the two operands. The current choices are:

+: Add the values.

-: Subtract Value2 from Value1.

*: Multiply the value.

/: Divide Value1 by Value2

Min: Minimum (smallest value) of Value1 and Value2.

Max: Maximum (largest value) of Value1 and Value2.

Average: Average of Value1 and Value2.

Value 2: Choose the field to use as the second operand. If No field is selected, the constant value written to the right of the words “No field” is used as the operand. This constant must be either an Integer or Floating point value, although if a field is selected, nearly any field type can be used.

Prev Rec: Check if you want the value for this operand to be taken from the record previous to this record in the sorted order. This is useful for creating running totals, balances, etc. Keep this box unchecked if you wish to take the value from this very record. This option will only display if you have a field selected to the left (ie, the No field option does not apply) NOTE: New records are added to the end until they are saved.

Result Format: Choose the output format of the calculation result. The current choices are:

To 4 Decimal Places: The output is a floating point value, showing 4 decimal places.

Integer: The output is a numeral.

Time: The output is a time in the format HH:MM:SS. NOTE: The translation to time is the number of seconds into the day.

Date: The output is a time of the format MM/DD/YY. NOTE: The translation to date is the number of days since January 1st, 1904.

To 3 Decimal Places: The output is a floating point value, showing 3 decimal places.

To 2 Decimal Places: The output is a floating point value, showing 2 decimal places.

To 1 Decimal Place: The output is a floating point value, showing 1 decimal place.

July 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM #4692

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello ah.sima,

Tap Forms 2.1 has a new calculation field type which will let you do calculations on static values and values derived from any Number field type in your form.

As soon as Apple approves it, you will have it in your hands!

Thanks!

Brendan

July 27, 2011 at 11:29 PM #4693

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great. thanks a lot!

August 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM #4715

Odysseoso
    Participant

Hello

Does anyone have further updates regarding this feature? I have updated to the latest version and I can now see that there is a new calculation field. I have not been able to use it successfully yet.

Thanks

Odysseas

August 6, 2011 at 8:55 PM #4716

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Odysseas,

What issue are you having? You first create the calculation field, then go to the Field Options area where you can create your formula. Swiping to the left will reveal the Number fields in your form. You can select one to insert it into your formula. Tap the Save button to save the formula. Now, enter some values into your Number fields in your form an Tap Forms will apply your formula to the Number fields and store the value in the calculation field.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM #4717

Odysseoso
    Participant

Thank you vey much. That was a great help.

I have another question now. I have a number of students that pay me monthly (each student has a form). I have been able to create the total received from each student over the months but how can I get a total of the sum received from all students?

E.g.

Student a – jan £50, feb £50

Student b – jan £60, feb £60

So I want to see that I received £110 for January, £110 for February and the overall total of £220

Regards,

Odysseas

August 6, 2011 at 9:39 PM #4718

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Odysseas,

Tap Forms lets you set an aggregate calculation for an entire form based on a single Number or Calculation field. On the Form Edit screen, tap on the Calculation function. Then tap the row that lets you set the field for the calculation. You can then set the calculation type to Total, Average, Minimum, and Maximum. The default is Total.

The total of all the values for the number or calculation field you’ve selected will be displayed at the bottom of the records list view.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 6, 2011 at 9:54 PM #4719

Odysseoso
    Participant

Excellent. You have been a great help

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.