Encrypted Forms and Keychain?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

grooveagent
    Participant

I’ve been having issues with my iCloud account plus iMessage lately and have been trying various things to make things work. Recently I deleted all the entries for OSX’s Keychain.

Just afterwards I noticed that Tapforms would not accept my password when trying to open an encrypted form. I then went into the Tapforms preferences, under Security, and noticed i had the option of setting the encryption key (rather than changing it as it should be if a password is already set). After setting the key it worked fine again.

It didn’t take long to figure out, but I thought i might document this behaviour in case someone else suddenly cannot unlock an encrypted form with the correct password. Although it could have been a coincidence, I believe this issue could be caused by an unusual modification of the Mac OS Keychain given the experience I just had.

Brendan might be able to confirm or deny this however I didn’t think Tapforms used the Keychain in any way.

March 3, 2015 at 4:29 AM #13063

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, Tap Forms does store the encryption key in the Mac’s and iOS devices secure keychain. When you delete the entry in the Keychain, Tap Forms will display the “Set Encryption Key” button again in the Security Preferences just like you’ve seen.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.