editing fields

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Janeen
    Participant

When changing or editing fields I noticed that the changes are only updating if I close out of the form entirely and then open it up again. Is there a way to have the fields update while staying in the form.

May 21, 2013 at 8:37 PM #6211

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Janeen,

Hmm… This is odd. Which version are you referring to? And which kind of change do you mean that’s not updating unless you get out of the form?

Thanks,

Brendan

May 22, 2013 at 6:54 AM #6212

Janeen
    Participant

Update: I think I solved the problem…

I’m referring to the iPad version. I created a garden plant database form. One of the fields is called plant description which I created as a regular text field. When I used the tools palette at the top of the screen and tapped customize forms to change the plant description field to a note field, the change would not update unless I exited the form and open it back up again.

I later realized that the small boxed arrow on the actual form in the lower right corner allowed me to customize that field in real time. New to the app so still figuring out how it works.

One other thing… I’m trying to create a ‘date created’ field for when I enter my plant information and another field called ‘date modified’ for when I make my daily or weekly changes to the plant information. I’d like the ‘date modified’ to reflect the date and time the changes where made. Can you tell me how I might set up these fields correctly?

Thanks for your help!

May 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM #6222

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Janeen,

You can certainly create a Date Created field and have Tap Forms auto-set the default value for that to be the current date when the record was created. But the Date Modified field would need to be edited manually each time you make a change. Tap Forms actually does this automatically internally, but I haven’t yet exposed that information to the interface. It’s used only to facilitate iCloud sync at the moment.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.