Duration/Time Measurement

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Todd Green
    Participant

I’m trying to create a field that allows me to measure the number of HH:MM that I spend per day on a task. However, no matter what I put in the “Number Format” under Field Properties, it rejects any input that isn’t simply a whole number (presumably seconds). I get an error message that says, for example:

The value “00:15” is invalid.
    Please provide a valid value.

I have it set up as:
    Field Name: Duration
    Type: Number
    Mask Field Value: blank
    Encrypt Field Value: blank
    Auto-increment: blank
    Increment by: blank
    Default value: blank
    Number Format: Time (HH:MM)
    Decimal Places: 0
    Pick List: <unspecified>
    Show Title on List View: checked

Any suggestions? The base form was a Bento 2 template upgraded to 4 and then ported, but I’ve deleted the original field and created a new one from scratch with the same result.

February 26, 2014 at 8:21 PM #9224

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Tap Forms doesn’t have a separate Duration field type like Bento did. It uses a Number field with the HH:MM Number Formatter as you’ve discovered.

However, in version 2.1.1 which I will be submitting to Apple soon, I have fixed this issue. You will be able to enter in your values as HH:MM (e.g. 12:30) and Tap Forms will convert the values to seconds for you. You can use any of the time formatters and enter it in the way you would think. For example 10 hrs, 2 mins, 30 secs. In fact, you could just type “10 2 30” and Tap Forms would automatically convert it to “10 hrs, 2 mins, 30 secs”.

So just hang in there and you’ll have this feature soon.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 26, 2014 at 10:27 PM #9226

Todd Green
    Participant

That’s great, Brendan. Thank you!

March 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM #9305

Todd Green
    Participant

Just wanted to say I saw this implemented and thanks, Brendan! The amount of polish and effort you put into such an inexpensive product should same big software companies. So glad I chose Tap Forms!

March 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM #9309

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate it and I’m glad you’re happy with your purchase decision. I’m always working on new stuff to try to make Tap Forms ever better.

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.