duplicate form near sync to iOS bug?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

bob
    Participant

Hello,

First, as always, awesome job Brendan.

Im noticing a strange behavior with near sync On duplicated forms

If i duplicate a form on mac v5.0.9 (build 1567), and the last few versions, it won’t sync with near sync to iOS… Tried saving, quitting, restarting, removing clients from sync, rebooting iOS,can’t get the dup form to sync.
    I also tried exporting the same duplicated form, and reimporting, still no near sync…

If i create a form from scratch it syncs no problems.
    If i import new cvs form as new form no problem.

Bob

October 31, 2016 at 11:43 PM #20254

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

Hmm… interesting.

I just tested it and it worked. However, the duplicate form will have 0 records in it. So on iOS you have to tap on the triangle button on the My Forms tab to expose all forms that have 0 records in them.

Let me know if that solves the problem for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM #20271

bob
    Participant

I think i found out what will and won’t sync.

Forms that i have that were created by importing a csv file, when duplicated won’t sync.

But if i “create” a form, by just adding fields from scratch, when duplicated, the forms sync fine.

Does that shed any light??

Bob

November 2, 2016 at 8:06 PM #20278

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well that’s a bit strange. I’m not sure why that would be the case, but I’ll investigate it. I was able to reproduce that problem myself, so I should be able to fix it. Although I got it to sync by changing the form’s icon. Can you try that to see if it causes the form to sync properly? I think it was syncing, but just not showing for some reason.

November 3, 2016 at 6:34 AM #20285

bob
    Participant

You are correct, if i change the icon it works perfectly.

Thanks very much

November 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM #20287

bob
    Participant

And even stranger, if i give the created from csv file form an icon, then duplicate it, it shows up fine. So i guess it has to do with the csv generated form not having an icon??

And a different question, iOS used to distinguish between my iPads, i have am iPad air2 and an iPad mini, in the last few updates it shows as iPad mobile user? I stopped using the mini as i couldn’t seem to get them both to show on near sync. Not a big deal as i only need it on 1 iPad really.

Awesome app, I’m sure I’m not even close to using it to its potential yet. Thanks so much.

Bob

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.