Duplicate a Form, Including Records

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pinny Berlin
    Participant

Hi, I have a To-Do List form with hundreds of records. I am trying to duplicate the form with all of its records so that I can separate my Home tasks and Work tasks into two separate forms.

I tried to Export a Tap Forms Archive, and then import it back in, but it just overwrites the original form. I want to load it back in as a second, additional form. Then I will delete the Work tasks from my Home form, and I will delete the Home tasks from my Work form.

What’s the easiest way to do this?

I am using Tapforms for iOS (and am pretty comfortable using javascript if need be).

Thanks,
    Pinny

April 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM #49370

tonyt
    Participant

Its only what I do – have a field in your existing form, maybe a pick list – home/work, or a check mark – home on, work off.
    Then create smart searches for work and home field?

April 21, 2023 at 11:49 PM #49374

Brendan
    Keymaster

As Tony suggested, just making a couple of Saved Searches to filter your Todos into separate sub-lists is what I would do.

But if you really need multiple forms, the only way to do it is to export records as a CSV file. You can do that with the Export Records command on the records list screen. But also, on the Import / Export Settings screen, make sure you have the Export Record IDs option OFF. If you have it on, it’ll just update the existing records.

Also make sure you have the Export Field Types option enabled. Then when Tap Forms imports the CSV file, it’ll know what field types to assign to each field.

When you export your records, the file will go into the Exports folder, just like your archive did.

Then tap on it and then tap on the Import File option.

Tap Forms will create a new form and import the records.

Hope that helps!

But the Saved Search option is also much easier to do.

Brendan

April 24, 2023 at 6:46 AM #49378

Pinny Berlin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Appreciate the advice, it worked perfectly.

In this case, the two datasets use different fields, and it’s becoming cumbersome to track them together on the same form.

Thanks!
    Pinny

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.