dropbox or iCloud?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Leo
    Participant

A question to all dropbox syncing users:

Apart from the benefits of different users on the dropbox cyncing, is there any difference in speed between the two?

is dropbox faster in initiating a sync of is there no difference?

Leo

May 11, 2015 at 12:20 AM #13657

Brendan
    Keymaster

The main speed benefit I see with Dropbox is that when I’m initiating a sync, nearly right away my other device picks it up. I also get a notification on my Mac when a file is added, removed, or updated. I like that. It lets me know things are working. But I’m the developer so I probably sync things a little differently than everyone else. I do a lot of testing of it and diagnoses when customers have difficulties.

May 12, 2015 at 5:43 PM #13688

Jimmy Uptain
    Participant

In my personal experience, the difference is quite substantial in terms of speed. It also seems more reliable.
    I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone all sharing the same DB and things are so much smoother than with iCloud.
    This is coming from someone who was very reluctant in changing from iCloud to DropBox.

May 12, 2015 at 10:33 PM #13693

Rick Browne
    Participant

I also like getting the notification. Dropbox certainly seems quicker to me. Also reliable so far.
    I use MoneyWell for my finances, and that has always synced really well with Dropbox.

Rick

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.