disappearing items

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

TEIB
    Participant

Hi,

More than half of our entries disappeared for our passwords form.

The passwords form was originally imported from Bento and encrypted fields were inputted manually. All were there and functional for a couple of weeks. Now, only entries for specific letters remain.

Please let us know if you have any insights on this or ideas to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks!!

November 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM #11928

Brendan
    Keymaster

Are you using the latest update? There was an issue with version 3.0 for Mac that would not always display the contents of the encrypted fields. I fixed that in 3.0.1. And actually it was also fixed in 3.9.2 for iOS.

November 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM #11954

TEIB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your response. We are on the latest update. However, entries that had been showing began to disappear while we were using the previous version last week. The entire entries disappeared from the form, not just the encrypted fields. So, more than half of our entire listings disappeared.

If we redo the entire passwords section, we don’t want this to happen again. We won’t be in the position of redoing it again in a couple of weeks because we will have transitioned from Bento fully. Please let us know how we can prevent entire entries from deleting.

Thanks for your help!

November 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM #11960

TEIB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Wanted to add that I just brought the passwords section over from Bento again. I had displayed all encrypted fields in Bento before exporting. The encrypted fields didn’t come into Tap Forms. I’m using version 3.0.1.

Thanks!

November 25, 2014 at 6:40 PM #11967

Brendan
    Keymaster

Encrypted fields won’t come over to Tap Forms, so you have to turn them into plain Text fields in Bento before you export.

November 26, 2014 at 11:14 AM #11975

TEIB
    Participant

No problem, got it, thanks.

When you said above that “there was an issue with version 3.0 for Mac that would not always display the contents of the encrypted fields” what issue is that in reference to?

Also, wanted to check in with you regarding the disappearing entries described above. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

November 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM #11976

TEIB
    Participant

As an additional question regarding working with encrypted fields, where can I find more info on how to use them? I’ve watched your videos and read the manual. I just checked encrypted on the password field, and now I can’t access anything in that entire form! It asks me for a key that I never set…

December 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM #12069

TEIB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Wanted to check in regarding these issues.

Most importantly, we cannot access our passwords right now because, when I checked encrypted on the password field, it asks for a key that was never set to see anything in the form at all.

How can we fix this and use the encrypted field correctly in the future. I don’t see any info in the manual or videos regarding how to set the key.

Please advise. Thanks!

December 4, 2014 at 12:37 AM #12092

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi TIEB,

If you were doing iCloud sync, then you probably would have setup an encryption key.

If you click on the Security button in the Preferences window in Tap Forms, does the button there say “Set Encryption Key” or “Change Encryption Key”?

If it says “Set Encryption Key”, then click on it and setup an encryption key.

If it says “Change Encryption Key”, then you can find out the encryption key from the Keychain Access application. Just search for Tap Forms and you’ll find it there.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 4, 2014 at 1:37 PM #12105

TEIB
    Participant

Got it, it was using our iCloud password. Thanks!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.