Description of field on IOS versions

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

LeoC2
    Participant

Other than the field label is there a way to add a short field description to the display in the IOS versions? The field label is not usually enough for my purposes.

leo

November 25, 2014 at 2:54 AM #11932

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

You could add a Section Heading field above another field to give a longer description. That’s what other customers have done that I’ve seen.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM #11947

LeoC2
    Participant

I’ll give that a try, thanks!

December 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM #12110

LeoC2
    Participant

FYI I tried something else and it seems to work fine. Instead of making a new Section Heading for each field I simply name the filed with the description included. While this makes for a very long field name it seems TF handles it fine and it makes for a cleaner entry screen. One interesting thing I discovered is that when I changed the field names any calculation fields automatically updated with the proper field names.

Also when I pasted the field names in they came across with carriage returns which made for an even cleaner form. Speaking of CRs, how can I enter one in a form title?

The attached image shows the new field names in red.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 5, 2014 at 4:03 AM #12122

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

You can’t add a carriage return to a form name because the field in iOS to accept the form name is a UITextField which inherently doesn’t accept carriage returns.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM #12138

LeoC2
    Participant

Sorry, not Form name, I meant Field names.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.