Dependent Pick Lists and exporting data

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can pick lists be setup as dependent lists, i.e. a picklist for a field will be set based on the selection of a value from a previous field’s picklist and so on?

This will allow a different picklist to be displayed depending on what was entered previously.

Finally, how can data be exported to a PC in a way that retains audio and image attachments, such that these cna be linked to the textual attributes and opened through a hyperlink or similar?

March 7, 2011 at 1:59 AM #4500

mnaught
    Participant

I’m with Antoine. I, too, am interested in dependent lists. I’d like to set up a simple recipe database and have the main list of course type (i.e. “main”, “side”, “salad”, etc…) dictate the picklist for the next field. For example, if the course is set to “main” the next field would provide a picklist with “chicken”, “beef”, “vegetartian”, etc…)

Is this currently possible?

March 7, 2011 at 5:10 AM #4503

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Antoine,

The best way to get all that data out of of Tap Forms is to do a CSV export of your form and then a full backup. The full backup will contain all the audio files and images inside a folder. The backups are just zip files so you can easily uncompress them on your desktop. Alternatively, you can email a single record at a time which will also include the image and audio file.

I haven’t implemented any kind of linked pick list system. Could you just have different fields with different pick lists assigned to them?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 8, 2011 at 6:45 AM #4508

mnaught
    Participant

Brendan –

Thanks for the quick response. For my use, different fields will be cumbersome. I’m sure the feature wish list is long but I’d love to see dependent pick lists in a future version.

molly

April 4, 2011 at 3:34 PM #4551

Iskoglan
    Participant

I’d like to echo my support for this enhancement. I’m building a cellar management app to help my wife keep track of her wine cellar. It would be very helpful to limit the picklist of wines by the types grown in that country. For instance, if she was to pick USA as the country of origin, she should not be able to choose Champagne as a wine type. Also, if she was to pick France as the country of origin, and Champagne as the varietal then she should only be able to choose the grapes that are valid for making Champagne. This would be very helpful in limiting data entry mistakes in scrolling long lists.

July 19, 2011 at 3:49 AM #4678

Anonymous
    Inactive

I want this too.

July 19, 2011 at 12:09 PM #4679

lgol27
    Participant

We just have discussed this feature. See “filtered dropdowns/picklists and more” thread.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.