Deleting tekst in note field after saving

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Deleting tekst in note field after saving

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Huub D
    Participant

Hello Brendan

I have a few items:

1)
    I’ve created 2 forms, one 4 fields and one with 5 fields.
    In both forms there is a note field.
    Sometimes, and this seems to be random, in both forms the text which i wrote in the note field just disappears after i pressed the store button in the right upper corner.
    Is there a solution for this item?

I am using Ios 7.0.4 on an ipad 2

2)
    It would be great if there will be a tabel field, is there something like that in the (nearby) future?

Thanks a lot for answering

Regards, Huub

February 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM #8954

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Huub,

1. I haven’t seen this issue before. I think you’re the first to report it. If you email me your form template I can look into it and try to reproduce the problem.

2. There’s no table field, but maybe what you want is the Link to Form field?

Thanks!

Brendan

February 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM #8979

Huub D
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Thanks for the (agn) quick answer.
    I have tried to figure out what and when the issue happends.
    It seems that it happends when i open TF again, type is some text in the note field and than save it, after that all the text is gone in the note field!

1) What do you mean with the form template, a screen dump?

2) i collect drive distances when i go to customers, and a table field wouldbe helpfull when i have the end kilometer value of customer 1 automaticly copied in the beginning kilometer field of customer 2.
    For now it is only possible by typing in the beginning kilometer value.

How is this possible with the link to form field, i don’t understand that.
    Because i did this in that way (and typing the kilometers again)

Thanks for answering again :)

February 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM #8990

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Huub,

1. From the Customize Form screen, tap on the action menu button, then tap on “Email Form”.

2. The Link to Form field lets you connect multiple forms together so that you have a parent record and multiple child records in another form. They are linked. For example, a Movies library may be linked to an Actors form such that when you view a specific movie, you can view a list of actors who performed in the movie.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.