Deleting records

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

LeoC2
    Participant

I wanted to delete all records from a form. I selected delete all records and TF prompted me if I wanted to “delete all records from this form.” I tapped yes and all records INCLUDING the form were deleted! That seems very odd to put it politely since the prompt gives no indication the form would be deleted, just the data.

Now what?

Leo

December 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM #12163

Leo
    Participant

Leo,

the form isn’t deleted. It just doesn’t show in the list.

If you add a new form, you will see all the forms you can use or you can choose new empty. Choose your form here and add a record. From then on it will show up in the list.

December 7, 2014 at 2:19 PM #12164

LeoC2
    Participant

Well I’m sorry to say this but that has to be worst feature I’ve ever seen. All database programs simply delete the data and not the whole damn form. I’ve been testing a form on several devices and wanted to simply delete the data to see what would happen if a user accidentally did this.

Not good!

So I now have three devices with filled in forms and one with a blank and it’s not syncing.

December 8, 2014 at 3:14 AM #12173

Brendan
    Keymaster

When you tap on the + button on the Forms list, there you will see all the forms. On the Mac version it’s the equivalent of the “All Forms” list. The main Forms list on the iOS version displays only those forms that have 1 or more records within them. So deleting all the records in a form does not delete the form template itself. It simply hides it from the main Forms list.

To get it to show again in the main forms list, tap the + button and select the form that’s still there in order to add a new record to it.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 8, 2014 at 3:14 AM #12174

Brendan
    Keymaster

By the way, I programmed it that way so that the main Forms list isn’t cluttered up with all the forms that you aren’t using. But you still have access to those forms by tapping the + button (or switching to the All Forms list on Mac). It’s a feature :-)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.