Deleting a Device from Registered Devices

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Deleting a Device from Registered Devices

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Peter Griffiths
    Participant

I have recently clean installed Yosemite on my MacBook Air and the “old” device still shows in the deices list. can I remove it from the list?

Thinks in advance for your help.

Pete

October 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM #11327

Brendan
    Keymaster

To remove it from the list you’ll need to use the Reset iCloud Sync function.

October 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM #11382

Mattapper
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    i use an iPhone, iPad and iMac. I still have problems in syncing my devices so i deleted Tap Forms completely from my iPad. On all devices i disabled iCloud sync and did the iCloud Sync reset – but unfortunately mit iPad is now listed twice in the device list. :-(
    Is there anything i can do to remove the old iPad entry in the device list? (I think this also prevents my ipad from doing the sync, too…)
    Thanks a lot,
    Matthias

October 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM #11386

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matthias,

You still need to do a Reset iCloud Sync to have the old devices removed from the list.

That data is stored in iCloud, so deleting and re-installing the app won’t help with that situation. The Reset iCloud Sync function will delete and re-create the folder which contains the TF-SyncDevice files which contain the registration information (device name, icon, last sync date, etc.).

Thanks,

Brendan

October 26, 2014 at 2:37 PM #11388

Mattapper
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

i did the iCloud Sync Reset on all three devices and disables iCloud Sync on all devices. But when i enable after that iCloud Sync on my iPad it show the iPad two times as a registered device. One entry has the date of the day when i deleted the app, the other one seems to be the new one… even if the iCloud Sync is disabled on all devices, the old entry reappears. I can press iCloud Sync reset and it seems to be gone, but if i close the app and open it then again, the old entry is still there :-(
    Is there anything else i can do?
    Thanks,
    Matthias

October 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM #11393

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Matthias,

Yes, here’s something else you can try:

A. I would recommend disabling iCloud Sync in Tap Forms on each of your devices first before you do this. So go into Tap Forms and tap on the Enable iCloud Sync button to turn it off. Then choose the “Keep a Local Copy” option.

B. Quit Tap Forms on all devices.

C. Then go to the Manage area on your Mac and delete the entry for Tap Forms. It will show up as Tap Forms Lite in that list. I’ve contacted Apple about trying to change this, but they are still investigating the issue for me.

D. Then re-launch Tap Forms and re-enable iCloud Sync on each device. Give it some time to finish doing what it’s doing and then some more time for the sync operation to finish behind the scenes. You should see all of your devices listed on each device.

See attachment for a photo of the Manage Storage area:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.