Customizing forms

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

I love tap forms and have been using it for about a week. For me it has a sometimes steep learning curve. I think with all it’s features it can be complicated. I’ve learned much by trial and error, some from the manual and now I’ve found this forum. I did a keyword search here to see if my questions had already been answered and some weren’t. I’d like to ask just one for today.

How can I customize one form in a category without it customizing all of the forms in that category? Sometimes I’ll want to add, delete or even move to a different position in the list. I don’t understand why when you change one form every form in the same category change with it.

Thanks

July 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM #5258

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mike,

Tap Forms has the concepts of Categories, Forms, and Records. A Category can contain multiple forms. Categories are things like Personal, Business, Miscellaneous, or whatever way you’d like to group similar forms together. Forms are actually templates that define the fields for the data that you’d like to capture. Records are the instances of the form that contain the actual values for the fields in the form.

So if you change the form template, each record within the form will change to accommodate the template that it’s referencing.

Think of it this way… if you have a spreadsheet with a header row with column names and you add a row of data, each row will have the same set of columns as every other row. You wouldn’t have one row with a different header than another row.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.