CUSTOM LAYOUT QUESTION

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Brian Cleary
    Participant

I can’t seem to learn how to add a page to a custom layout. It seems as if my layout is limited to one page (letter size). I have been able to customize in the screen view, but not in the printer view. When I print, I only get my first page. I’m sure this is a simple problem but I don’t see answer. Can someone advise?

May 25, 2015 at 2:20 PM #13825

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

The custom layout designer only allows you to have one page. However, you can create multiple custom layouts per form to have additional pages if you like. You just have to print one layout at a time (but multiple records at a time if you like). Click on the Show Details button on the Print sheet that comes down to see the advanced printing options.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 11, 2016 at 7:42 AM #16627

Brian Cleary
    Participant

I see where I can duplicate a field in order that this field shows up in two different places on the layout (which I what I would like). However, when I enter a value in one, it only appears in that field not both. Is there a way to have a field appear in two different places on the layout without having to enter a value in both. Realize it’s not that big of a deal but would be for me if I somehow didn’t have the same value in each of the fields. Thanks.

May 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM #16634

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

You don’t have to duplicate the field to achieve this. Leave the field as it was without the duplicate, then on a new layout, just drag the field in the from the Fields list on the bottom right. Each time you drag the same field out onto your custom layout, it will hold the value from all other instances of that field. However, it’s usually best to do this on different layouts so you don’t have the same field showing twice on the same layout. Although I guess sometimes you may want this, such as on an invoice where you might want to show the custom name in a couple of different places.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.