Cross linking forms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Guus
    Participant

Just checking..

Two forms: one with cars, one with sellers
    Want to link one or more cars to a seller. So entry through car-form shows me the seller.
    Seller can have several cars so I want to link back. So entry through seller-form shows me his cars.

Made 2 forms each with a linked field (many to many) to the other form. Although it takes manual linking both ways it works great. Also I can unlink a care from a seller and link it to another seller. That works good as well.

Just curious if this solutions could somehow cause problems that I haven’t foreseen?

November 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM #7466

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guus,

Probably with exporting your records if you include linked forms. Tap Forms might get stuck bouncing back and forth between your links.

I plan on addressing this issue with a new field type (Link FROM Form) or possibly a setting on the Link to Form field which will cause the inverse relationship to be auto-populated. The data for that is in the database, I just need to pull it out and display it.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM #7468

Guus
    Participant

Yep, just did an export and Tap Forms stops. For now I’ll keep only one link. The new field sounds good!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.