Crash bug in 3.5.3?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Oakwine
    Participant

I’ve been successfully using a Tap Forms database for about 3/4ths of a year now. That includes my recent update to iOS 7.0.2 on my iPod Touch 5. TF 3.5.2 was working fine for me.

Now, when I open the main database of my linked database and tap to see a record, TF will display the record, but it immediately freezes, not allowing me to scroll that record or perform any actions whatsoever.

This form contains the following types of fields:
    Text
    Date
    Calculated number
    Phone number
    Email
    Note
    Link (one side of one to many)

I tried adding another field to see if that might help, but it still crashes on viewing any record. I also tried the 4 database maintenance steps, and they didn’t help either.

Is it just me? Is there something else I can try?

October 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM #6978

Oakwine
    Participant

Additional thought: the calculation field does Age based on the Birthday field. The correct number is calculated and shown on the screen that I can’t scroll.

October 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM #6985

Northspark
    Participant

Same problem here

October 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM #6987

Northspark
    Participant

Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same issue. I was using TapForms without a problem for about a month then updated to the iOS version. I updated my iPhone and iPad versions. My iPad version still works fine as does my mac version. The problem is only on my iPhone.

I have numerous forms but only 1 that I can see which freezes up which ceases the operation of the app.

I too am looking for a resolution to this. I would really love to carry on using TapForms but can’t in its current state. Any help appreciated. I’ll post back if I find a solution

October 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM #6989

Oakwine
    Participant

I communicated with Support today. The problem is if you use $now in a calculation; the value of $now constantly changes, leading to an infinite loop. If you change the calculation to not use $now, or delete that field entirely, the database should work just fine. Support says they are now working on the fix.

October 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM #6990

Northspark
    Participant

That’s great thanks. I’ve removed the now$ from my calculation and this has indeed resolved the problem. That’s a relief, I look forward to the fix

October 22, 2013 at 5:24 PM #6995

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed the bug now. Sorry about that. I’ll be sending an update to Apple for review with the fix this evening barring any other unforeseen circumstances.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.