Copying the Form Data

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

I just bought Tap Forms today to replace Bento. I’m loving how it syncs with the cloud compared to syncing Bento over wi-fi only.

One thing I loved about Bento was that in the “spreadsheet” view I could copy all my records and past them into an Excel file. I could also paste them directly into my bulk email mailing program. In TapForms I can select all my records, but I cannot copy them. My computer just goes thunk when I go Command/C and nothing gets copied to my clipboard. I know I can export as a .csv file and import into Excel, but that’s so many extra steps. Would it be possible to make the data in the spreadsheet view available for copy/paste?

In Bento I have a volunteer database in which I have a field that has a check box in. I’d check the box after sending their names to the name badge maker. After the event was over that box needed to be unchecked in preparation for next year’s event. I could uncheck them all in the spreadsheet view by unchecking the first one in the list and then dragging the corner of the cell down to uncheck every other record much the same way you replicate cells in Excel. Based on another post on this forum, it appears I won’t be able to do that with TapForms. Is that something that could be incorporated into a future update? Besides manually unchecking 100s of boxes, how do you suggest we do something like this? I hate to think I’d have to export to Excel, make the changes, and then import back, but that seems to be the only way to make bulk changes like this.

One more thing. Although I never used it, Bento had a label printing feature. Now I’m going to need to print labels for a new project I’m taking on and I don’t see any option in TapForms. Any plans for that?

Thanks,
    Colleen

December 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM #8253

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Colleen,

Thanks for your feedback and feature suggestions.

Adding a more spreadsheet like view is on my to-do list for Tap Forms. It’s a big job though so will take time. It would allow you to do the copy/drag thing like you can in Bento and Excel. But for now there’s no bulk editing abilities in Tap Forms.

I also plan on adding label printing support soon. It’s also a big job too, so will take more time.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM #8256

Colleen Easley
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. I’m at least happy to hear some of my requests are in the que for future versions. I’m going to work into using TapForms but for now will probably need to keep my mailing list files in Bento as long as I can. I am, however, looking forward to the time when I can make the transition a permanent solution. Can’t wait for v2.0 so I can try importing some Bento templates/files.

Colleen

March 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM #9285

Ismo Soinila
    Participant

Hello, I read through previous questions and answers. Is it situation still same or it is nowadays to possible send mass emails from whole database direct from Tap Forms? This feature would be nice when you are sending e.g. newsletters.

Ismo

March 6, 2014 at 11:34 AM #9286

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ismo,

I have not added the ability to select a bunch of email addresses yet. It will have to wait until I complete the better spreadsheet like view for Tap Forms Mac. I’ve been working on it slowly over time, but it’s taking a long time to work on that part as well as all the other bits of things I’m working on in Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.