Copy Table Data from One Record to Another by ID #

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Copy Table Data from One Record to Another by ID #

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Christine Vernon
    Participant

Hi!

I’m trying to figure out if what I want to do is even possible. Javascript is not my thing, but before I seek out someone to help me write the script here’s what I want to do.

I created two forms:

• Collectors – records for collector info, each assigned an acct#
    • Inventory – records for individual artworks, each assigned an id#

Both forms have a table with identical fields for info pertaining to the sale of the artwork. The account # of collector is in the first field.

If I fill out the table in an Inventory form record, I want the data to automatically populate the table in the individual record of the collector. Essentially creating a table over time of their collection.

Is it even possible to write a script for the Collector form that would identify the Collector Account # any time it was entered into a table in any of the Inventory form records and automatically copy that information to the corresponding Collector record?

The data in the table is also used in the Collector form to update other fields to track sales, # of paintings, etc. (which I used formulas to achieve) and why I need all of it to populate over.

Right now I’d have to copy and paste that set of table data from one record to another. Trying to automate as much as possible but this seems like maybe too big of a task.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the table.

Thank you!

Christine

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 27, 2024 at 11:33 PM #50400

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

Have you considered using a Link to Form field between your Collector and Inventory forms? That way a Collector can see a list of their Inventory items and if you look at an individual Inventory item, you can see the collector.

That might be simpler than writing a script to copy data around from record to record and form to form.

January 30, 2024 at 8:53 AM #50417

Christine Vernon
    Participant

Ahhhhh ok I figured it out. I missed how I could link the records to the table. It’s working now.

Thanks for your help, I love this application!

Christine

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.