Conditional with a checkbox?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Knight
    Participant

Hello,

I found the post mentioning that conditionals are possible as well as quite a few math functions, I have not found mention though if it is possible to use conditionals with a checkbox.

What I have a is a simple form that has a checkbox labeled ‘paid’, a date field, and number field that is a time duration labeled ‘duration’. I want to sum all the duration fields for record that does not have the paid checkbox checked. Is this possible? If so, can you offer some guidance on the correct syntax? If not possible, Brendan, can you consider it as a feature request?

Thanks,
    ~Chris

August 18, 2015 at 9:54 PM #14463

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Well, any formula that includes a Checkmark field will treat the value as either 0 or 1 if it’s not checked or checked respectively. So if you were to include that in your formula and you multiplied by your Checkmark field, you would get either 0 or that value. Since anything multiplied by 0 is 0 and anything multiplied by 1 is that value. So that’s how you can use a Checkmark field in a formula.

For example, to conditionally charge GST tax:

[Price] * 1.05 * [Should Apply GST]

Thanks,

Brendan

February 17, 2016 at 12:19 AM #15972

neil dionisio
    Participant

Hello,

i have a form (clients P.O. booking) with 9 fields. namely client, brand, product, amount, due date, salesman, status and accomplished (which is a checkbox).

and also another form (performance) with exactly the same fields only without the checkbox.

is it possible if the form is accomplished (checkbox is checked) can the content of the form (clients P.O. booking) will be transferred to the perfomance form?

please help.

Thanks!

-Neil

February 17, 2016 at 2:51 AM #15974

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Neil,

I’m sorry but that’s not possible. Tap Forms won’t copy records between forms. But what you can do is create a Saved Search which filters your records into those records that have the checkbox checked, and those that don’t.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.