combination of calculation and link to form not working

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms combination of calculation and link to form not working

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

julien
    Participant

I am trying to use the combination of calculation and link to form to achieve the following:
    – Form A has VAT value field amongst other fields
    – Form B has link to form A
    – Form B has calculation field to do a Total of linked VAT value field

The above does not output anything, what can be going wrong in the way I am setting this up?

And then the next step is to limit the calculation to all the records from Form A valid for the last 6 months… not sure either how to achieve that.

September 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM #24976

Brendan
    Keymaster

Your formula in Form B should look something like this:

TOTAL::Form A::VAT

Does it look like that? The Result Type should also be Number.

October 1, 2017 at 10:13 AM #25005

julien
    Participant

It does not work. The problem may be that when I create a link to form A inside form B, the table created in form B is empty… Unless I use a join and filter on a specific field

October 1, 2017 at 10:25 AM #25006

julien
    Participant

By the way I do not see the TOTAL:: function int the functions listed in the formula editor

October 1, 2017 at 10:04 PM #25010

Brendan
    Keymaster

TOTAL:: will be prefixed automatically to any field you select from the child form when creating a formula in the parent form.

October 2, 2017 at 1:33 AM #25018

julien
    Participant

Maybe to clarify what I want to do: the Total calculation I want to do in Form B (child form) is the Total VAT of all the records inputed through Form A (parent form)… it is not a total of data from one single record but a total of data from multiple records.

And if possible the total calculation should also be possible across multiple records resulting from a search not necessarily from a set of records based on a form.

October 2, 2017 at 2:27 PM #25024

Brendan
    Keymaster

You don’t need a Calculation field to do that though. You can tell Tap Forms to display the totals at the bottom of the child records by setting the Summary Calculation property on your Number fields.

On the multi-column list view on the Mac version you can click the Sigma (∑) button to display the Calculation Row. Then click the popup buttons to set what type of calculation you want to see there. It will show you adjusted results depending on whether or not you’ve got a Saved Search selected.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.