Cloudant Error Message

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Hi there,

So I have Tap Forms running on my iMac and I’m trying to get it to sync with the version running on my assistant’s MacBook.

We both have the new version of Tap Forms, both have the same database ID (created a backup of mine and she restored it on hers).

I am signed into Cloudant on my copy and it shows that it is syncing whenever I make a change.

I sent her my username and password info so that she can log in, as well. When she tries to log in, it gives her an error message:

Sign In Failed
    Please check the Server URL, Username and Password to ensure they are correct.
    unsupported URL

I tried creating a new service credential in my Cloudant account and giving her that info but she got the same message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Carl

August 26, 2018 at 9:41 PM #30372

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do both your Sync Settings screens look identical? Or are there any differences at all?

Maybe she has something in the Shared By User field? If so, then she should clear that out.

August 27, 2018 at 4:12 AM #30383

Carl Leivers
    Participant

As far as I can see from the screenshots, yes — I’m going to remote access later today and see if I can fix it. Just to clarify, though — the process I’m describing SHOULD work, correct?

August 27, 2018 at 9:56 AM #30384

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes. If you’re both using identical usernames and passwords it should.

August 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM #30385

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Ok, great — thanks for the confirmation. I’ll see if I can get it to work!

August 30, 2018 at 2:45 AM #30403

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Finally got it figured out … as an FYI in case anyone else has this problem:

When she was entering the username for some reason it wasn’t automatically including cloudant.com at the end of the server address.

There was no way to see that because the text box is too small to see the whole address so it wasn’t until I copied and pasted into a text file that I could tell what was wrong / different.

Anyway, got it to work — thanks!

August 30, 2018 at 10:51 AM #30410

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent. I’m glad that solved the problem.

May 5, 2021 at 4:58 PM #44296

Ryan Tucker
    Participant

I think there might be a bug with the “auto” cloudant.com feature, I was pasting shorter strings and I noticed the “cloudant.com” was in some cases not added, if I typed it always appeared.

But as Carl pointed out, on Mac the “server” field is not wide enough to show the full server field string when populated.

Brendan, can you make the field wider so that when the server field is appropriately populated the user can see the full string with the “cloudant.com” at the end?

May 5, 2021 at 11:46 PM #44297

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the request. Yes, I’ll look into this. There is an issue right now that Cloudant doesn’t always use the cloudant.com suffix. The workaround is to use the Apache CouchDB setting and use the hostname that Cloudant provides in the service credentials area.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 20, 2022 at 1:44 PM #46357

Russell Martin
    Participant

Hello. I wish that the work around of using the Apache CouchDB setting with Cloudant was in the current instructions for Cloudant. The URL that Cloudant assigned me ends with “appdomain.cloud” and until I stumbled upon this thread, I was very frustrated. If the Cloudant directions mentioned this work around it would have saved me some time and agony. Thx.

January 20, 2022 at 2:02 PM #46360

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Russell,

Sorry about that. I’ll update the documentation.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.