Clean up formatting for a notes field?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

thelee
    Participant

I spend a lot of time copy-pasting stuff into the iPad version of tap forms. Trouble is, invariably every website has some sort of crazy formatting for what I’m copying and this gets transferred into the Notes field.

Is there a way to clean up formatting? Not just reset the font/size, but also get rid of all sorts of invisible characters (weird character and line spacing, mainly)? Currently I have to copy-paste into apple notes (which is plain-text) before copy-pasting again into tapforms’s notes field (which looks to be rich-text).

November 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM #7267

thelee
    Participant

For some reason I can’t see my original post, so here it is as a reply to the thread starter:

I spend a lot of time copy-pasting stuff into the iPad version of tap forms. Trouble is, invariably every website has some sort of crazy formatting for what I’m copying and this gets transferred into the Notes field.

Is there a way to clean up formatting? Not just reset the font/size, but also get rid of all sorts of invisible characters (weird character and line spacing, mainly)? Currently I have to copy-paste into apple notes (which is plain-text) before copy-pasting again into tapforms’s notes field (which looks to be rich-text).

November 2, 2013 at 2:04 AM #7277

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

Strange, because I see 2 posts here from you.

Yes, Tap Forms for iOS uses Rich Text for the Note field. The Mac version will have that also in the next version.

What you’re doing is what I would be doing too in order to remove formatting from copied text. I often do that but I use TextWrangler to do that for me. But I’ll take this as a feature request.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.