Certificate / License tracking database?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Robin McClish
    Participant

HI All,

Has anyone come up with a database for tracking professional and other certificates or licenses?

I’d like to include important things like my passport, my driver’s license, my HAM radio license, etc., as well as simple things like my OSHA certificate and my CPR and first aid card. You get the idea. It doesn’t need to be secure, as I wouldn’t include the license numbers here for any identification documents.

I’d like to be able to track what it is, when I got it, when it will expire, include a picture of it, etc. I was wondering if anyone has started something like this before I try to invent it from scratch.

Thanks for any information you might be able to provide.

Robin

June 21, 2020 at 1:13 AM #41057

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I don’t have one of these but building one is relatively straight forward to do. You’d create a new form with a name field, a photo field, an issue date and expiry date field then you’d be set. If you wanted to get a little fancier you could use a link to form field so you can link different versions of the same document (e.g. passport or driver’s license each renewal). You can use a link to form field to link to records in the same form which could be cool.

June 21, 2020 at 10:27 AM #41058

Daniel Leu
    Participant

TapForms comes with example forms for driver licenses and passports. The driver license form might be good starting point. Add a photo field, change class to license type, remove the sex and date-of-birth field. Maybe add a description field where you can note some license specific infos.

June 23, 2020 at 9:15 PM #41074

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I also took a closer look at this and you can see what I came up with as a form template attached. I also did a video on YouTube walking through what I did and some of the thinking.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 24, 2020 at 11:15 AM #41083

Brendan
    Keymaster

That was a great video Sam!

June 24, 2020 at 6:05 PM #41088

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Thanks! I need to work on the audio quality, too many computer fans and background noise (need to close some more windows). I played with the screen recording tool I used a bit and found some noise cleanup options. Probably should script things better but I figured I’d put my money where my mouth was after suggesting doing video tutorials a while back.

February 2, 2022 at 11:42 AM #46576

Robin McClish
    Participant

Thank you one and all! Especially Sam!!! So sorry it took me so long to get back here. Watching the video now and have downloaded the file.

May 26, 2022 at 10:03 PM #47395

Michael Tucker
    Participant

I have a form that does this…IDs, certificates, inoculation cards…

will put link below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.