Can't Enter Date in MCV Mac Computer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Sorry to keep asking questions. I can’t enter or change data using keyboard in MCV. If I type a new word in (and it shows and I press Return) it goes back to the original text. I have only 1200 records, so it’s not massive. I have around 30 columns displayed in MCV. I made sure to uncheck all sort buttons. This occurs both when there’s no right side menu as well as when right side menu is showing. I’ve tried re-opening and fresh starts. Oddly, if I go into SCV, a complex form, and click the Edit button, it accepts the text chane and the new text shows when I return to MLV. But I need to change dozens of records at one time, so SLV won’t work for me. Previously, I was able to do this but now it won’t. Have I pressed a wrong button somewhere? Thanks! Bob

February 19, 2017 at 1:22 PM #21212

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan, It’s solved. All I had to do was uncheck the first four columns in the View In List pop up and recheck it to view again and it worked like normal. Oddly, it was only the first four columns where I couldn’t enter data. The other columns allowed me to enter data.

Cheers

Bob

February 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM #21217

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

There is a strange bug which causes this problem. Pretty sure I’ve fixed it for the next update too.

It had to do with having a Number field to the left of a Text field (or perhaps other field types). The number formatter would be applied to non-number fields which would cause the changes not to be saved.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.