Can't Delete an Image

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Colin Rogers
    Participant

I have a layout for my Tap Forms 5 form that is in the form of a lengthy letter with a significant number mail merge elements in it dawn from fields in the default layout of the database. The letter has an image of my signature at the bottom of the layout. I have duplicated the letter layout as I wish to have a version with a the signature of a different person. However, I cannot find a way to delete the image however. No matter what I try it will not go. Any ideas what I can do to delete it.

Regards

Colin

July 9, 2017 at 6:25 AM #23677

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Colin,

I believe that there is a bug in the custom layout editor that makes it look like you can’t delete a static image from a layout, but it is actually working.

I assume that you’re in your duplicated layout, where you are trying to delete the first image signature so that you can add a different one. You’ve selected the image, hit the delete button, and the image is still there — I can reproduce this problem.

Try this: switch to the Default Layout, and then switch back to your duplicate Custom Layout. For me, that causes a refresh and the image is gone.

Hope that helps,
    Mike

July 9, 2017 at 10:53 AM #23680

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya that’s a really weird bug. It only happens with Image objects. It uses the same code for deleting as all the other object types. I’m just digging into it now to see if I can figure out why it’s leaving the “ghost” image lying around still.

July 9, 2017 at 12:54 PM #23682

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve fixed this for the next update. Just a stupid mistake on my part with a bit of polymorphism gone wrong :)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.