Cannot search in IPAD correctly

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

This a weird bug but….when I click the “search” magnify glass and type something on my iPad-it won’t find the result unless the result is already listed in the current activated “smart search”…

Basically if I have a saved search showing/active/selected in my forms (iPad only-whether I’m actually in the form or not at the present time) it will not find the search request unless the result is actually in the saved search itself.

What Im saying is, I cannot search the whole database unless I go inside the first form and remove the active saved search.

Even more unusual is that, if I turn my iPad Vericle/Portrait mode it WILL search and FIND what I’m looking for, once I turn it horizontal where it shows the sidebar & forms though, it will not (the rules above seem to apply instead).

August 7, 2014 at 11:40 PM #10608

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Does it make a difference if you run the Rebuild Search Index command in the Database Maintenance screen?

Although it sounds more like the selected saved search is taking priority or is combining with the global search term you enter.

Thanks for the bug report.

Brendan

September 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM #10795

Frank Tikket
    Participant

No it does not… I think the saved search is taking priority and not allowing global search when ANY saved search is currently selected (it does not work on both search functions (landscape mode-left side search , and right side search – local or global.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.