Can Tap Forms populate Word documents??

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Kirk Marsh
    Participant

Hello-
    I may misunderstand Databases a little bit, but I’ve got something that I’d like to do and I don’t know if Tap Forms can help or if I need something like Filemaker Pro. I want to create a database for my comedy juggling business. I want to be able to fill out a form for an event and then print out a contract based on that form. Basically I need to be able to have the Form interact with a mail merge document or something like that.
    Goals:
    Client Form-vital stats for each client
    Events Form-date and time of certain events
    Contract that can pull from both the Client Form and the Events Form and print out a contract that will look nice.
    Suggestions??
    Kirk

April 7, 2016 at 11:21 PM #16305

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kirk,

Tap Forms for Mac has a custom layout engine which would let you design a contract and have it fill in fields from that form. You can even add a static text block and insert field names surrounded by square brackets (e.g. Dear [First Name], etc.) and when you go to print, Tap Forms will do the substitutions for you. So you don’t need to export to Word to do this sort of thing.

See the Layout Designer documentation and search for “Mail Merge” for a bit more info on it.

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/layout-designer

For connecting forms together, see the chapter on Relationships. You’ll have to link forms together using a Link to Form field and then on your custom layout, drag in your Link to Form field and it will display as a table of values. It can be printed along with your mail merged data from the static text block. A static text block is just a block of text that appears the same on every record. Injecting those field names surrounded by square brackets is what makes the mail merging thing work.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.